Sunday, November 27, 2011

BE HERE NOW



BE HERE NOW! Okay, so I'm NOT here right now, I guess? I'm somewhere else now, or at some other time? That's something. I must've assumed without thinking (I do that a lot) that I WAS here right now, but that's not the case. Apparently, that's not the case. Alright, so how do I get here, how do I get now? Where am I? How long is the journey from there and then to now and here? Are we talking miles, fathoms, galaxies? You see, these are my questions.

Is the entire ME floating around in some other space, at some other time? Or just a part of me? How big a part? You've got me really thinking now. Look here, now my gears are grinding into action, and it's you who're to blame. Is it possible that just my imagination is away? Could I imagine myself back, I wonder? Would it displace some other part? Would I then have to fetch back something else? What about that last question - in all seriousness, that is back then, though it may still be here. And the next question I'll ask is over there. Until I ask it - in which case it'll quickly PASS OVER the here and now and migrate to the swelling country of back then and there, where it will be greeted with effluent affection by all the questions I've ever ever asked, where they've set up a nice little village for themselves with a square, a steeple, and everything. How absolutely fucking droll!!

That's it!! I won't ask another question, goddammit! If I accomplish little else today, at least I will be able to keep one question (maybe two?) where it belongs, well-esconced in its own country of over there and soon but not yet. It's a terrible thing to have all of your questions in one place. And why? For the sole vain purpose of having them soar over the HERE AND NOW? For a split second or two? Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morpheus at it Again!!

  The first important thing about dreams is that they're scripted. The events in a dream are inevitable. Predictable. I knew for example...