Friday, September 12, 2014

Train Preliminary #1

11:30 am 9/11

-A perfect condition for writing on the train. Track-work's being done, so train service is irregular, thus opening up several seats in the last car of this J train to Essex, where I will board the Queensbound F that will take me to 14th.

- 16 passengers beside myself - 4 whiteys including me, 6 blacks, one Asian, the rest Hispanic.

- One woman who seems to have noticed my looking around and inspecting the train interior is of ambiguous descent. Could very well be Armenian or Cypriot or Jordanian or American Indian, but is most likely S. American.

- One fellow in navy-blue scrubs across the aisle is sorting and collating pink, yellow, and white forms. He's wearing sunglasses (focus-goggles [?]). The other one with the weaselly face and rodentine facial hair, Nikes, jeans, and a purple-and-black-striped shirt, sleeves down to wrists, has just finished a loud one-way conversation with his clandestine device.

-I'm sitting in the corner of the train, where there are two comfortable seats, and we've arrived at Essex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morpheus at it Again!!

  The first important thing about dreams is that they're scripted. The events in a dream are inevitable. Predictable. I knew for example...