Sunday, October 19, 2014

TOMORROW'S MY MAN

Tomorrow and me - we're tight. We have an understanding...Just tell him I had to step away for a moment. Something came up of the sudden. It won't take long.

Try and make him comfortable. Give him some water. I'll be back as soon as humanly possible. I didn't forget about him - assure him of that. I didn't forget our agreement. He's my man. We've had some times together. A real history. Invaluable memories. Get him to tell you about some of them.

I won't be a half-hour. Honest: it's a real emergency. He shouldn't worry on my account. If I could be here to receive him, I would. I've got the thing we talked about. But first, I've this little urgency to attend.

If he becomes antsy, would you vouch for me? Let him know I was a good investment. And how grateful I am. I really appreciate his patience with me. Tell him that. If it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to run this little errand, I would be here myself to receive him. But you see, I've been called away on some pressing business. I'm sure he'll understand.

Tell him a joke. Divert him for a while. Until I return. Whatever you do, don't let him leave. I won't be gone for more than an hour. God's honest. Keep him here until I get back. Don't let him leave, and I'll see that you're remunerated.

But by all means, don't let him leave.

1 comment:

Morpheus at it Again!!

  The first important thing about dreams is that they're scripted. The events in a dream are inevitable. Predictable. I knew for example...